If there is a particular area you want to work in but you don’t have the skills or experience you need, starting vocational training can be one of the best ways to improve your employability and gain the confidence and experience you’ll need to land the job. Advisors can assist you with developing an action plan to work towards your career goals.
Haringey Employment and Skills Team
Need help finding work?
The Haringey Employment and Skills team may be able to help you gain the skills, confidence and know-how to get the right job for you. Our advisors will meet with you on a regular one-to-one basis to work with you and help you with finding the right training or employment opportunities.
The team is now based in Wood Green Library and provides information, advice and guidance (IAG) focused on supporting Haringey residents into employment. This IAG draws upon support and information services available within the borough that may help you to overcome barriers to sustained employment.
- One-to-one information, advice and guidance in returning to and remaining in work
- In-work support and careers advice for up to 12 months
- Employment support, advice and job brokerage
Your advisor will work with you to help understand and address your individual employment needs and overcome barriers in your job search and will:
- Meet with you on a regular basis
- Work with you to create a personalised action plan around your career and job goals
- Assist you with identifying suitable job goals
- Assist you with identifying your return to work benefits and help you apply for them
- Provide information, advice and guidance around what other council services and support is available to you
- Help with creating and updating your CV
- Provide individual support with job search and completing application forms
- Provide you with interview tips and techniques
- Conduct mock interviews in preparation for job interviews
If you would like to get in touch with the Haringey Employment and Skills Team, you can either drop in to Wood Green Library (floor 2) or call Sharon Bolton on 020 8489 2852 to book an appointment.
If you do not meet the criteria for the programme, Haringey Adults Learning Service offers a range of vocational courses. You may also find the right course at The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London